Sunday, October 16, 2016

¡Vale, vale!

Everyone has been extremely nice as I bumble my way through Spanish. I arrived at my hostel 5 hours before checkin so I was able to store my large bag and wander around my neighborhood to get my bearings. I'm in a really historic part of town which is a strange juxtaposition of modern graffiti, gothic people and really old ass buildings. 
My hostel offers dinner and bar/nightclub crawls for 30 €. Not tonight but maybe tomorrow. Did I mention it has its own bar??! After killing some time (still not enough to checkin yet), the front desk clerk (named RODOLFO - my dad's name) gave me the best travel tip ever. Download the section of Google maps where you are so you can access maps without WIFI!! I can now safely wander and get back to my hostel. Yes! Yes!

Ate some gazpacho, tortilla española, red wine with soda in it and could finally checkin. 
**also, each time I sat at a bar for nada mas de cervezas, I'm served food to nibble on: chicken salad, marinated olives and salami. I love Spain. Vale! 

Is it any wonder why I wanted to sell all my belongings and move to Spain when I was 18 years old. I just might given the political scene in America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment