I decided I'm going to write an honest review of the hostels I'm staying at so if others want to stay, they are well informed. But first, some final thoughts on Madrid. Review in a separate post.
3 of the suite mates left before 8am. It was kind of nice to have the place to myself where I could dress out in the open. Very freeing! It was already raining so I knew today would be relaxing. I got up and walked to Mercado de San Miguel for coffee and something to eat for breakfast. I chose a crepe-looking thing with dulce de leche and it was awful!! Subsequently, my stomach was tore up the rest of the day 😰 - try asking the pharmacist for medicine in a foreign language. I could tell he was both sympathetic and laughing inside at the words I used to describe Mis problemas de mi estomago.
After the market, I found a hidden room in the hostel that had t.v and I watched some for a few hours (taking a nap somewhere in there). When I woke up, I figured I should eat something...my stomach hadn't fully expressed itself yet. Boy that was a mistake! Walked home and laid down for a proper nap. That did not help so I made the embarrassing trip to the Pharmacist. Had some hot tea and am now getting ready to start packing for tomorrow's trip to Mallorca.




No comments:
Post a Comment