Thursday, October 27, 2016

"Dos cincuenta, guapa"

Translated: 2.50 euros pretty. That's how my day started! How about yours?? I slept in as long as I could after having joined in a kind of lame bar crawl with people from the hostel.
I walked to the Cathedral - that makes 4 cathedrals so far (one for each city). I saw a long line and decided to walk around a bit taking in my surroundings. Another protest parade was making its way up the street so I stopped to observe. This time, I could read the signs and understand that a hospital closing would affect jobs and patients. 
The Catedral is really cool - domed ceilings, gothic columns and the tomb of Christopher Columbus. The lighting is abysmal for photos but it was still amazing in person. You can even climb up the tower and see views of the city (albeit 342 feet later).
View from the bell tower
I went to 2 different El Cortes Ingles' looking for these Marcona almonds I'm obsessed with. I can't find them but did find a recipe online and a place to go when I get back home to buy them. 
The cooking class confirmed I have a spot for Saturday morning so I can do the market tour and cooking/drinking. I love Spain. 💃🏽



2 comments:

  1. Did someone call you dos cinquintas guapa or was that a reference to the perfect weather???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what the man said after I asked for my bill. It was nice to hear that he thought I was pretty.

    ReplyDelete