It was raining intermittently and it was quite chilly this morning. But, the universe smiled and a rainbow appeared in the complex.
When the tour finished, we were free to explore on our own. I decided to leave and find a supermarket. My new friends in Mallorca showed me the simplicity and enjoyment of just preparing your own meal versus eating out the whole time. Doesn't this look amazing??
Tomorrow I'm really excited to see the Royal Chapel and Cathedral. The bodies of Ferdinand and Isabella are there (along with their daughter known as Joan the Mad - she sounds relateable😜).
Queen Juana I of Castile (1479-1555) is generally known as "Joan the Mad"1. Despite her nickname, Juana's "madness" has often been disputed; she may have been locked up for political reasons only. Either way, she was a passionate woman, who fell madly in love with her handsome husband and continued to caress him even after his death.







Alhambra! So awesome! I cant believe how much you are walking! You should have packed a skateboard!
ReplyDelete;)