Wednesday, October 26, 2016

¡Adios Granada!


Granada, you've been a great host. I can see why people fall in love with this city and even with the Alhambra! After seeing the Alhmabra on Monday, and researching the Catedral and Capilla Real, I am now borderline obsessed with the Spanish monarchy's history. Even so much that I downloaded a book from Amazon: Sister Queens: The Noble, Tragic Lives of Katherine of Aragon and Juana, Queen of Castile.
The Catedral was gorgeous - I seem to find myself in a lot of Churches and still not convinced either way. Isabella was a religious nut - force feeding the doctrine down people's throats or risk a painful death. I know a few of those ;)
After the Cathedral, I wandered around looking for the entrance to the Royal Chapel. They do not make it easy to find but once you do, it was really cool. There are 5 bodies in the crypt and I wanted to know who and why they were there. It's Isabella and Ferdinand, their daughter Juanna (the Mad) and her husband Phillipe (the Handsome). Also, the tiny coffin belongs to their grandson Miguel as he was being brought up in Spanish Court since he would one day inherit the throne - his uncle Juan had died from sickness. Can you tell I'm obsessed??! 
I'm sitting in the train station waiting for my train to Sevilla - the final Spanish city on my Grand Adventure. I could not be more excited to go there (side note: can you get high just from being in a city??!). The weather looks like it will be much more like San Diego than what I was encountering. Hasta luego amigos!



2 comments:

  1. The cathedral is beautiful! I can tell from the few pictures! So big and how in the heck did they make them to be so lasting without technology!?
    Funny, know another guy by a similar name...but it's Andrew (the handsome) ; )
    Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what is that thing in the first picture you posted....????

    ; )

    ReplyDelete