The kindness of strangers is amazing. He saved me today from missing my bus and I will try to pay that random act of kindness forward.
Sunday, October 23, 2016
The kindness of strangers
Today I'm leaving Mallorca to head to Granada. I took the bus to the airport because it was 1/4 of the cost (5€) of taking a taxi (20€). I got on with only 3.50€ and a 20€ bill (reading that they will give you change for the 20) but the bus driver said he doesn't give change before a certain hour. There was another man on the bus and I asked if he had small bills for the 20€ bill but he did not. He saw the frustration on my face (near tears because I just wanted to get to the airport) and pulled coins out of his pocket to give me the 1.5€ that I needed to ride the bus. I said thank you to him and paid the bus driver. Then I cried. I hope the bus driver felt like an ass. The man who helped me started to talk to me after I stopped crying. He is the millionth person to tell me I speak Spanish well. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment