Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A moment of confusion...

I awoke at 8:15am today which has become "normal" for me. It's going to be tough going back to work in less than 2 weeks😭 I walked 1.2 miles to the train station with my backpack on. Somehow, it has become heavier despite me being very prudent with what I have bought so far! I sat where everyone else sat and waited for our bus that would take us to our train station - weird but maybe that's how they do it in Granada. The bus drove us 1.5 hours to the station...after 10 mins, 20 mins, etc, I had begun to think I made a mistake and booked at bus ticket instead of a train ticket. No one else seemed too concerned and I knew they were headed to Sevilla as well. Boarded the train (thankfully) and made my way to Sevilla. I am enchanted by it. There is something in the air, the vibe of the city is amazing and it just feels "right." I can't really describe it except to say I feel at home here. Like I belong. My hostel is pretty cool and in a great part of town. I'm going on a pub crawl tonight through the hostel and will see a flamenco show tomorrow (again through the hostel). I've booked a market tour and cooking class on Saturday. Maybe when I get back, I'll host a dinner party. 💃🏽 ¡Vale!

No comments:

Post a Comment