Tuesday - 3/28 "Lazy girl kind of day."
I woke up with a major headache. I think it was from all the extremes of the previous day hitting me at once: altitude changes; vast temperature changes; maybe a cold starting. I hurried down to breakfast before they stopped serving it at 10a. Came back to the room and attempted to get my life metaphorically in order by organizing my suitcase. Do you ever feel that your life would be infinitely better if things around you were neat and orderly??! I guess I don't either. Then, I put my best workout clothes on and walked to the lake. What a pretty view! I felt like one of those stay-at-home moms who meander around in the mornings with no particular set plans. I guess I'm only missing the kids. And the husband. Hahahaha.
This pic got an "attaboy" from the instsgram page of the beautiful people of Zurich.
After that, I came back to the room with take away lunch and napped until I met Danielle at the train station so we could have FONDUE. It was even more amazing than you ever imagined. Honestly.
Came home and had an early night. Which I so needed the rest because.....
Wednesday 3/29 : I make my own death marches. Muki and Lucern.
Side note: because I didn't let housekeeping in on Tuesday - Danielle practically insisted I let them in Wednesday. So I had to leave early because f%^* if I know when they come and there's this whole language barrier thing going on.
I left for breakfast at 8:30a (jealous??) and ate a bit before setting out. No set plans again but to hit some Zurich sights down by the lake. Saw the Chagall windows at Fraumünster Zurich. Any pictures online don't do it justice. They have to be seen in person. I had plans to meet my new friend Muki at noon so I wandered back to the train station - this time with more enthusiasm than previous meanderings. I really enjoy making new friends because after a certain age, you realize you can actually be great friends since you didn't start your friendship by just being in close proximity to each other (i.e., the college dorm). After a bit of confusion we met up for lunch before traveling to our respective destinations. She was headed to Frankfurt and I was on my way to Lucern or Luzern.
However you want to spell it...I don't judge. If you ask me, German sounds like people are constantly clearing their throats.
I got to Lucern and some things were closed. It's still winter season apparently. I did the fastest tour of Lucern possible and saw the lion carving, the view from the watch tower area (actual watch tower = closed) and the covered bridge. After over 9.6 miles and 23,000 steps, I am beat. Switzerland: 1. Amy: 0.
OMG.. the Lion! I Love that sculpture! I totally forgot it was there and that's So cool that you saw it! Looks bigger than I thought...
ReplyDelete