Thursday, March 30, 2017

Lazy day #2

Best laid plans... Well today I woke up from the worst night of sleep I've had in a long time. I think I'm sick - I have a cough with phlegm (look away if you don't want the details) and I spent the whole night trying not to breathe and/or cough. Danielle has become the lightest sleeper I know and even turning over in my sleep wakes her up. She has this white noise sound machine that was on the highest level possible of grating, radio garbled, garbage to my ears. One mans white noise is another man's sleepless night. Every time I nodded off, I instantly awoke in a panic that I had made some egregious noise. This morning, I walked back to my old hotel - the one I stayed in on Sunday night - and asked if they had a room available. They do but it's a smoking room - I said I'd take it anyway. I need a good night's sleep before heading back to California tomorrow. For 100 francs, I would sleep in the street if it weren't too cold at night. Tonight we are doing a ghost tour! It's a 70 min walking tour around Zurich. I'm excited, if not a little afraid since there is a disclaimer on the website that the tour company isn't responsible for anything following you home. This is the first I've read of any such disclaimer. Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment