I have never been one of those people who check out of the hotel at exactly check out time. Today I was one. I figured the bar would be open so I could kill time until my 7pm flight. No dice. Talked with Danielle briefly and got scolded for having no plans in Newark besides drinking. You could go to NYC. You could do a million other things besides be in Newark. Hahaha. She's pretty blunt/honest.
I decided to go to the airport early - 7 hours before my flight to be exact. I am nothing if not punctual. I found a pre-security restaurant/bar in a different terminal than my flight so I hung out there. Took the air train to my terminal and checked in at 2pm for my flight. The United Airlines man was really nice and did all the check-in questions for me. Lots of people have been chatting with me on this trip. I guess I might be friendly. :)
Got through TSA pre which had a looooong line. I walked to a bar in the middle of the gates and sat next to a young guy named Austin from Statten Island. He is headed to Hawaii for the first time. While walking to the bar, I saw a Real Housewife from New Jersey (Theresa)! Maybe I should pay more attention to my surroundings - there might be other "famous" people flying through Newark, besides yours truly.
Where there's a will...there's a way. 3 beers down...just in time for a long nap. Next post = ZURICH.
No comments:
Post a Comment