Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Domestic travel....

Should be easier!! Especially when you speak the language. My coworkers dropped me off at the 30th St train station to catch an Amtrak to Newark, New Jersey (flights are cheaper from NJ vs PA - probably because no one wants to come to the armpit of America). I walked to the gate where my train (No 148/ northeast regional) was and there was a long line. I saw other people with bags and figured I was in the right place. Headed to the platform and the train approaching says "No. 602". WTF??! I got on - again assuming it changes numbers when it picks up passengers or something...imagine if you didn't speak English or know what's going on??!

Worst fear actualized - being that person who couldn't handle their own luggage. Ugh. With a backpack THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE. But since I'm coming from a work trip, I'm one of those people. I should take solace in the fact that I'm flying with all the liquids and amounts I need for this trip. So there's the positive.

Got picked up by my Uber driver from the train station in Newark and proceeded to have the ugliest car tour of Newark imaginable. We even had to backtrack because google maps thought we were in the Bermuda Triangle. Made it to my hotel but I might be safer in that never ending tour in the Uber.

I always learn something on my trips and so far I've learned:

  • Don't skimp on a hotel room even if it's just one night - I have to wear shoes around the room
  • Take opportunities when they come 
  • Thank your true friends who let you crash with them while they are working abroad, even if they know you snore after too many Malbecs. Love you Danielle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment