Monday, March 27, 2017

Always use protection!

Sunscreen that is...especially when you head to the Swiss Alps and it's sunny outside. :)

Today's adventure was a 12-hour tour to Jungfraujoch - aka Top of Europe. Read about it here: Jungfraujoch

I met the tour group at 8am (after another night of unrest) and made sure I had enough Dramamine for the ride up the winding roads. A really nice girl named Muki sat next to me and I was thankful she was really cool. She is from Turkey but lives and works in Washington D.C. as a linguist. When you're a solo person on a tour group, it's anyone's guess as to who will sit next to you on the bus. I lucked out this time - universe smiles. First we stopped at Interlaken for a long rest stop and to take some pictures.

My new friend and I


Then we stopped outside of Grindelwald to take a train to Kl. Scheidegg.




After that, we headed up to the main attraction Jungfraujoch which is 11,333 feet high. Some people were sick but somehow my body didn't react. Our tour guide Antje made sure we drank water at appropriate ascending points. For her wisdom, I am grateful to have had a pleasant experience. My favorite parts were the plateau and ice palace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment