Sunday, March 26, 2017

Germany = Beer halls

After a long day visiting Ludwig's modest homes (Saturday), we went back to the hotel and freshened up for a typical German dinner at a beer hall. We went to the most famous one Hofbräuhaus München and sat down at a large wooden picnic table. A group of kids (yes, 18 year olds are kids) sat at the other end of our table. Turns out, they were German and we used it as an opportunity to ask about German culture. I think they were amazed by us 30-somethings - especially my baller friend Danielle who expensed our dinner because she was there for work. ;) Said goodbye to our German dinner mates and headed back to the hotel.
The Germans

Awoke the next morning (Sunday for those keeping track) at a leisurely 8:30a. I didn't sleep well because I was heading back to Switzerland on my own. Even though I've traveled to some interesting places completely alone, I still get a little bit of anxiety. Had to run to catch a connecting train but a really nice German man was helping me out. The Universe was smiling on me as he was headed to Zurich also!

I am now in a room by myself for the night because tomorrow I'm going on a day tour to the Swiss Alps. I am prepared for the cold but I already know I won't handle it well. At least I can be a baby about it alone since Danielle is still in Munich getting a work visa.

No comments:

Post a Comment