That evening we went to have faijaido and it was amazing. As it was rainy and cold, I wore my ugly tourist clothes because no one knows me here except D and I already promised I wouldn't judge her for wearing the same shirt two days in a row. I'm a good friend :) after dinner we walked to the bar where I had met my Brazilian boyfriend Gustavo and I introduced Danielle to a local craft beer (Three Monkeys).
Today we had breakfast together around 9am - yes, I've been able to sleep in! and its GLORIOUS. She went for a run and I took my camera out for some scenic shots. No more rain but the humidity is whacked. I bought a sarong type thing because in Brazil, women are too cool to use towels. If you do, you're a tourist!
Later we walked to Leblon - I've been doing 14-16K steps per day but my beer consumption has negated any weight loss I may have seen :) but I'd rather live happy than concerned about how I look (I'm a size "grande" in Brazil!)
had to buy anti itch cream as my legs are considered a delicacy to mosquitoes. Now I'm sitting on the beach in cloudy weather (no rain) but the sound of waves crashing is soothing and I don't have a care in the world. It's our last night in Rio so I'm hoping we can make it count! The next few days will be a whirlwind, I hope all of you at home can keep up!! Ciao, and jai yen yen.



No comments:
Post a Comment