Today started off with a quick breakfast and then a trip to Iguazu falls. We decided to hire a taxi driver to take us to the falls which were spectacular. I can't even begin to describe their enormity but I have never seen anything like them.!!
At 4pm, our taxi driver picked us up to drive us to the bus station for our overnight bus ride to Buenos Aires. There was a bit of contention between us in deciding how to get to BA. I wanted to take the bus for the experience alone and it saves on a hotel room. Ms. East Coast wanted to fly there and get a hotel room...I won ;) I was prepared to meet her in Buenos Aires if she didn't want to ride the bus.
Let me tell you about the bus: the seats are roomy with a little foot rest that comes down for your feet. There's a pillow and blanket on each seat and a tv in our "cabin." So far, the attendant has brought us a snack and a drink. I read that it's like flying as far as meals and service so we'll see.
UPDATE: it turned out to be 20 hours. Aye aye aye :) Needless to say Danielle wasn't too pleased with me. I am now in the Sheraton in Buenos Aires and it feels super fancy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment