Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Perspective

Today I woke up at 3:30a....I could not sleep as I was super excited for this:
So let me tell you about this:) Aguas Calientes is the tiny town you stay in at the base of Machu Picchu. You pick up a 25 min bus ride up a winding mountain road to Machu Picchu. We had the 7-8a time slot for Wayan Picchu which only lets 400 visitors up per day. You can choose 2 "trails" literally called "small" or "big." We started with Big - It's a strenuous DEATH MARCH coupled with higher altitude than I'm used to. I had to stop and take breaks often to catch my breath - total trek was 90 minutes. There were times I thought I would pass out on the stairs or hurt myself. But I didn't, and so I'm grateful I can say I kicked butt! We then went to Small and got much better pictures there. My real camera batteries died (both of them) so I'm glad I brought my iPad to get some shots - plus, I told Danielle I would claim her pics as my own! Headed back down the mountain and ate some Peruvian authentic food. I'm now sitting on the train back to Cusco. More pics of this amazing and surreal place. I'm truly humbled that the world is so big - I'm just a speck but it really makes you think that nothing is ever as bad as it seems. Your problems are TINY in that perspective. 


1 comment: