Tuesday, December 8, 2015

All part of the adventure

On December 6, I flew out of Buenos Aires at 11pm and landed back in Brazil on December 7 (Sao Paulo airport only). It was 3 am but there were other weary travelers (takes one to know one). Then headed to Lima where I breezed through the domestic connection flight gate after going through immigration and having nothing to declare (only 2 backpacks!) The funny thing about Peru was that I had to walk OUTSIDE of the airport and go back in like I was arriving from home. Strange. 

My Spanish is much better lately - getting really confident in it mas o menos :)
Checked in for the Cusco flight and it was a mad house where all of the tourists are herded to 7 gates heading to the same spot. Danielle even found me in the terminal! While on the plane, I used the kindle guide books to plan our trek to Machu Picchu which I thought I had done correctly. Turns out, even I make mistakes, I know, shocking right?! We ended up hiring a taxi cab to drive us 2 HOURS to a train station but he didn't kidnap us and for $30 each, we got to pull off the road and get a scenic vista shot plus pics of an authentic Peruvian girl with her lamas. I gave her money because she probably needed it more than me. 

Picked up an hour and 45 minute train (barely, as it was boarding when we were buying our tickets at the counter) But at least we made it it! The Universe sure has been treating me well as there haven't been very many things going astray. So thank you Universe! 

Got to the tiniest town at the base of Machu Picchu and was met by our hotel. Headed to dinner (even though we reeked!) and I was lit after 2 drinks;) it's the altitude, I swear...this is the view from our hotel window 

Fell asleep and was too excited for Machu Picchu the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment