**at time if posting, they have left me alone. Thank god!
The Thai have a saying, "jai yen yen" which means "keep your cool." I'm trying to embody this mantra as it is relevant to mh emotional, physiological, and currently spiritual well-being. A large Chang beer helps as well :D
The cooking class today was so much fun. I learned how to make pad Thai, coconut soup, cucumber salad, panang curry, mango sticky rice, and banana
Spring rolls. Oun, our teacher, picked me up from the hostel in an AC equipped vs and drove us to the local market for our fresh ingredients. It was certainly different than any farmers market I've been to! We got to eat each plate we made and by the end I needed to be rolled back to the hostel on my fully belly. We got a recipe book with pictures of the ingredients we needed - I see a scavenger hunt at the SD specialty markets in the near future. Oun took pics and they will show up on his Facebook page soon.
https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.707872579224899.1073741972.634478443230980&type=1 hopefully thy links to the whole album:)
Tomorrow is my last full day in Chiang Mai. I feel like I've done everything I've wanted to here so I decided I'm going to take it easy and have nothing planned except to go where the adventure takes me. Jai yen yen!

No comments:
Post a Comment