Saturday, November 30, 2013

Get me out of this city!

And I did, for at least a day trip. I HATE Bangkok. Where do I begin?! First, it's super busy. Loud. The drivers don't let people cross the street (even if you're already in the "crosswalk"). No one would pick me up when I wanted a taxi - instead they slowed down and then sped off. The taxi drivers don't read maps. Today I was an hour late to meet Maria for Ayutthaya because a taxi driver thought I said another hotel when I showed him a map. He drove me to the wrong location 3 times and finally dropped me off extremely far from where I needed to go. Luckily, he had the courtesy to drop me off at a metro station and I was able to navigate to where I was gonna meet Maria. It was the first time on this trip I wanted to cry. 
Now on to Ayutthaya. It was so cool to see ancient temple ruins. We rented bikes and nearly got killed on the busy streets of this supposed ruined city. By the end of our unofficial bike tour and train ride back to Bangkok, I was tired. But I walked all the way back to my hostel (33 mins) because I didn't want to end up in Timbuktu again. 
Just a few more days and I can get out of this city! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having quite the adventure! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete