Monday, November 25, 2013

Better watch out for those taxis!

Today started off with a nice sleeping in. I still think I'm negative when it comes to the hours I've slept in the past few days but it is all worth it. I got out of the hostel by 10am and was hit with a moist and sticky air. Instant sweat. After pantomiming body wash (see previous post) to a nice girl, I sought out FOOD (nom nom nom). The front desk had recommended a local favorite called Aroonrai. When I got there, it was closed. So I found an "American style" breakfast joint because I was starving and because I don't know what Thais eat for breakfast. Super cheap - like $3! I have learned a few things about Thai drivers - pedestrians do NOT have the right of way. Almost got run over by one these strange red Datsun trucks that have bench seating in the bed. Maybe tourists have targets on their back? 
Came back after wandering around and took a nap with the AC turned really low. Btw, I think I'm still negative hours of sleep. Woke up and headed to Aroonrai (it was open later in the day) and had amazing, fresh, spicy yellow chicken curry and a Singha. I also got to have mango sticky rice for dessert:) 
I went back to the hostel to freshen up and regroup - then headed out to the night bazaar. A ton of street vendors selling their trade and other "souvenirs"
(Particularly weird or stupid sayings on shirts). Tomorrow is a temple tour of 4 different ones followed by a massage at the Thai women's prison where it's supposed to be really cheap and helps rehabilitate the women. 
Today's fun fact: it's kind of hard to tell lady boys when they are dressed down. Oh, and everyone, and I mean everyone like 13 years old girls ride around on scooters. It actually looks kind of fun if you want to die with your hair blowing in the breeze. 

2 comments:

  1. Ehow said he wants pictures of the lady boys. How are the mangos? "E"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's time for the "This is how we do it, shannanananh" song. DMP

    ReplyDelete