Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Flight delays, running through airports..


Disclaimer - this post takes place over 2 days and 3 flights. You’ll get it as you progress through. Carry on wayward son.

On my way to the airport, I get a call from my coworker Tareyn. “Flights are being changed.” Turns out there’s severe weather (wind) in the Windy City and we need to be re-routed. Who chose that connecting city?

Arrive at the airport, still calm and collected thanks to some prescribed medication. Eh, we’ll get there somehow, right?

The united agent, Joann was extremely helpful in getting us up to the United lounge so we could kill time. You can’t take me anywhere... I spilled sriracha on my sleeve.



There are 4 of us traveling together but we’ve been split up. I’m traveling with my boss and our itinerary has us going through Newark, Heathrow and then Dublin. That’s a lot of legs for my bag to get lost. But here’s hoping for the best.

I’m now sitting on my first flight of 3 to Newark but I’m sitting first class. I mean, there should be a short person first class. My feet don’t even reach the ottoman.

 

Will blog as much as I can. Even though this is a work trip...there’s still more non-work time in total.

Flight #1. First - first class for work flight. Omg. So nice. The flight attendant took my coat, hung it up and attended to every need. I even got served a meal. Eek! I got to recline a bit and figured since it was a 4 hour flight, my boss wouldn’t expect me to work. My smart friends said to pretend I was sleeping. Hee hee.

Flight #2. Wait, before I get to the Newark to Heathrow flight, let me tell you about running through the Newark airport. Yes, I said running. My boss is like 5’13” so she was walking briskly, and you saw how short my legs are from the photo above, hence the running. Get to the gate because they did not have our boarding passes in San Diego. Yet somehow we were booked on the flight. They had my boss’ boarding pass printed but I had to get mine. Made it on board. I love the whole seats that recline but BOTH carry ons (shoulder bags) had to go into the bins. So my headphones are dying and so am I. After a nice 3 course meal...I am now falling asleep and the flight attendant knows my drink. We had a connection :) we shared a laugh. She gets me. Hee hee.

Next stop london. Then Dublin. Looking for leprechauns. For reals. Also may have had too much Malbec on the Newark to Heathrow leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment