Wednesday, December 11, 2013

All good things must come to an end....

Dear Thailand,
As I pack up to leave this beautiful country, I wanted to take time to reflect on what I've done and to "thank you" from the bottom of my wide open heart. Thank you for my pineapple lady in Chiang Mai and the surreal chaos of Bangkok. Thank you for the villa on Koh Samui and the peace of Koh Phi Phi. Thank you for Phuket but you should work on your tuk tuk drivers and vendors there :)
I have seen kindness in strangers eyes and a smile goes a long way. I haven't quite learned to tackle your mosquito issue but I'm not afraid to kill them with my hands now - I know, so carnal of me. I've ridden on ferries, trains and elephants. I've met some amazing like minded travelers who are now friends on Facebook (if you know me, I purge people out of Facebook all the time!). I hadn't a clue what was going on most of the time but that didn't really bother me. It's time to go home. I have a renewed sense of life and what it means to truly live it. I have seen people who have much less than me and I'm extremely humbled by it.  I am thankful for the things I have: family who love me and is still over protective even if I'm 31 years old; friends who kept up with my crazy adventures; my 
Lola; and most importantly, people who believed in me even when I questioned myself. 
So Thailand, take care of yourself and remember jai yen yen. 
Love, 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment