Now for the bad stuff (because the world isn't perfect)...last night my phone's screen got this weird black blob on it (Danielle said it looks like the grudge). It has stopped functioning so I can't viber with anyone. Luckily, I have my iPad and I can FaceTime with family still. Today my stomach is upset :( so I'm in the room miserably typing out this blog entry.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Running in the rain!
Yesterday started off with riding the metro by myself. The attendant at the ticket counter laughed when I said "obrigado" after pointing and miming that I wanted a ticket there and back. At least I can laugh at myself and I'm picking up words here and there. Saw Christ the redeemer statue and it was such a nice and sunny day. Got some pictures and headed back down the mountain. Rode the metro back to Copacabana and stopped in at the hotel I was meeting Danielle at. She hadn't arrived yet so I wandered back to my first hotel. I decided to grab a beer and sat next to this really cute guy on the patio. We ended up talking for 3 hours (his English was on point) and he even walked me to my hotel. What a nice treat to meet a gentleman (and he is Brazilian so he was translating for me)! Got to the room and a note from Danielle said she was at the beach. So I put on my swim suit and met her there. I swam in the ocean - it was refreshing and then I headed up to the hotel to eat something. Later that night we went out to a buffet restaurant (by accidentally on purpose as we got the recommendation from the front desk) and then had drinks at a bar where we talked to two nice guys from Brazil (very attractive as well) - everyone is so damn beautiful here!! We walked home during a lightning storm and that memory will be etched in my brain forever :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment