Friday, November 27, 2015

How do you say...

Wow, it's been a day since I left California! What a long ass trip! I sat next to a girl who was heading to South America for two months and she spoke English, French and Spanish!! The stewardess even talked to her in French the whole ride. Then, we landed in Lima to let some people off and get other passengers on. Her and I ended up talking the rest of the way to Santiago. I also told her I had dibs on the hot flight attendant - he was gorgeous:)
We landed in Chile and went our separate ways. As I was sitting in the terminal, I passed out. Luckily, I awoke myself before doing something truly embarrassing like snoring but I was beat...so I got on the plane and luckily had a window seat. I promptly fell asleep and awoke to the craziest Chileans sitting next to me - their English was on par with my Spanish but my translation dictionary came in handy. Oh, and did I mention they were graffiti artists heading to some graffiti artist convention in Rio?!? They're choice in music was decades off but I appreciated that they made me laugh and I could practice Spanish. I'd never thought I'd say it but, I like talking Spanish. Portuguese is damn hard and I feel like I'm on another planet. I did learn "obrigado" which is "thank you." One more word and I'll know as much Portuguese as Thai. 

Shoutout to my mom for making me bug spray - I think those buggers are staying away! Get it...! 
Tomorrow is a new day. Peace and Heineken love out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment