This is from last night (Steffie was off chatting with some French navy guys).
Pily, Khawla, and yours truly
My throat is killing me. Since all pharmacies were closed on 1 November, I found one open today and bought something that hopefully doesn't kill me.
Today's adventure was a tour organized by the hostel. For 20€ you got a van ride to Sintra (Quinta de Regaleira) and Cabo da Roca (the most western part of continental Europe) + a wine/cheese tasting in Sintra. Worth the private car ride! So Regaleira, it's a unique place with an aura of mystique around it. There are grottoes and lakes. Crumbling ruins. A chapel and this well that never held water. Oh, and the best part was the underground tunnels and passageways that made you feel like you were being watched.
Regaleira
The "rabbit hole" as I'm lovingly calling it
Leda's Grotto
After that, we went to Cabo da Roca via some twisty, motion-sickness-inducing turns. Wow! My life is pretty amazing!!! I was sitting on the other side of the Atlantic watching the most beautiful sunset. Cabo da Roca - GPS proving my whereabouts
I don't know why there's a green light shooting out of my behind. Maybe I picked up a spirit from Regaleira??!
The sun is shooting rays of light
Tomorrow is my last day in Lisbon and then I time travel back to America. I'm going to see the ruins of the convent and maybe not much more depending on how I feel.











No comments:
Post a Comment